In addition to looking up books and other materials, the BIBCAT online catalogue provides you with access to place holds and manage your Library account information through My Account.
How do I sign on to My Account?
To sign on, you'll be asked to provide your user ID and PIN number. Forgotten your PIN?
For students, this is your student number. For other patrons, this is the number on your Library card.
- Tip for Nipissing students: it's only the numbers on the card. Don't include the first letter of your last name.
- For Canadore and Nipissing students, your PIN is initially set to your date of birth, in MMDDYY format (e.g., January 3, 1990 would be 010390).
- For staff, faculty, and all other patrons, your PIN is randomly generated.
If you don't know your PIN, or if you've changed your PIN and forgotten the number, please ask at the Circulation Desk the next time you are in the Library. For reasons of personal privacy and security, we are not able to give out PIN numbers over the telephone.
What can I do with My Account?
Once you're signed in, you can Place a Hold on books and other materials.
Manage your account
- Review My Account
- See a list of all the items you have checked out
- Review your fines owing
- See a list items you have on hold
- User PIN Changes
You can change your PIN number in My Account. However, at this time, this is not recommended.
- Renew My Materials
- You will see a list of checkouts, with options to renew some or all items.
- For more information, see Renew My Books.