What is held in the Archives?
Where is the Archives?
The Archives area is located on the main floor of the Harris Learning Library.
Who may access the Archives?
Use of the collections is open to students, scholars, and other interested persons, local and visiting. Materials housed in the Archives do not circulate. They may be used within the Archives under supervision.
When is the Archives open?
Access to the Archives is currently by appoinment only. Please contact Heather Saunders at (705) 474-3450 ext 4532 to schedule an appointment.
Additional information about using the Archives
- Archives patrons sign a register on arrival.
- Food and beverages may not be brought into the Archives area.
- Cell phones may disturb others and should be turned off.
- Electrical outlets for laptops are available.
- Area is wheelchair accessible.
- Materials are available for consultation and research only, not for circulation.
- Gloves will be provided if required.
- Pencils are provided and are required for note taking
- Copying is not always possible due to the fragility or value of some items.
- Copying is limited and, when allowed, will be done by Library staff.
- Same day service is not always possible.
- Copies cost 25 cents (letter size), or 35 cents (legal), or 50 cents (ledger).
- Scanning is currently not a service offered in the archives