How do I book a Group Study room?
- Twelve Group Study rooms are available for groups of two or more library patrons.
- These rooms may be booked in person at the Circulation Desk, or by phone at (705) 474-3450 ext 4222.
- Rooms L320-L329 will accommodate up to 6 people.
- Room L317 will accommodate up to 8 people
- Room L332 will accommodate up to 7 people
What are the limits?
- Library patrons can have up to five advance bookings in the system at any one time, and rooms may not be booked concurrently (however, subject to availability, Faculty may book Group Study rooms concurrently for breakout sessions.)
- Patrons may not book the Group Study Rooms for more than 3 hours per day.
- Group study rooms are not available for TA office hours or for individual study.
Can a Group Study room be booked for individual use?
- An individual may book a Group Study room for phone or Skype interviews. Note that the library will not supply the phone. In these cases, there is a one-hour limit to the booking.
What are my responsibilities when I book a room?
- The person who booked the room must pick up the key. You will need to show us your library card when you pick up the key. If you have fines, you will need to pay down your fines before you can pick up the room key.
- Be on time to pick up the key. Your booking will be forfeit if you are late picking up the key. If you're running late, call us and we may be able to adjust the booking.
- Ensure the room is used by a group or for an acceptable individual use.
- Ensure at least one person occupies the room at all times during the booking.
- Return the key on time. Don't keep the next group waiting! You will be fined for late key return.