Borrowing from other libraries

  • Nipissing University and Canadore College students, staff and faculty can receive a public library card at a number of participating libraries through the PALS program.
  • Current students from Canadore and Nipissing are eligible to borrow from most Ontario colleges and universities.
  • Students from other Colleges and Universities may be eligible for borrowing privileges at the Harris Learning Library. When registering for a Harris Learning Library card, students from other colleges and universities (including CURBA universities) will need to produce a current piece of ID with their address or a piece of mail with their address.

Canadore College/Other Colleges

Current Canadore students and students from other colleges may borrow books in person from other Ontario college libraries. A valid Ontario college student card is required. Items borrowed from colleges must be returned to the lending library directly.

Nipissing University/Other Universities

Nipissing University students and students from other universities may borrow books in person from most other Ontario university libraries. A valid Ontario university student card is required.

Note that the University of Toronto does not lend to undergraduates from other institutions. The Ontario College of Art and Design (OCAD) also does not lend to undergraduates except for students from Ryerson University and York University.

Books from other libraries may be returned to the lending library or to the Circulation Desk at the Harris Learning Library. Please inform library staff before dropping books off to our library.

Students may also borrow from other universities across Canada. For more information see the Canadian Universities Reciprocal Borrowing Agreement